How to get published on APA web site
ARTICLE and/or PRESS RELEASE SUBMISSIONS
- When writing an article or a press release, the bulk of information should be at the beginning of your story
Gather facts, starting with a lead (who? why? when? what? where? how?); include details (dates, time, ages, weight)
- Use quotes throughout the story (include the sources: first and last name, age).
- Go from the most important information to the least important
- Use short paragraphs –– one to three sentences
- Don’t forget the headline and dateline.
- Don’t forget to include your name, city, state/province/country, APA member (if applicable)
Remember that with press releases, usually the information is time sensitive and makes some sort of announcement, whereas the content provided in an article should be timeless (ideally) and educational.
PHOTOS/ PHOTO ALBUMS SUBMISSIONS
Digital images (72dpi, GIF or JPEG) and text files can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include name(s), date, location and other important information about the photo. If necessary, you are responsible for obtaining permission to publish from the people who appear in your photos.
Images should be no more that 500 pixels in width.
The following formats are acceptable: most digital camera formats and camcorders and cell phones in .AVI, .MOV and .MPG file formats.
Once you edit your video (if desired), make sure it’s smaller than 2GB in size, in an acceptable file format, and less than 15 minutes long.
All submissions supplied to APA may be used without further consent at any time deemed necessary. APA also reserves the right to publish all materials submitted for use APA web site without further consent.
- PHOTOJOURNALISM 101: HOW TO SHOOT LIKE A PRO
- The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs. —Charles de Gaulle
- The TROJAN HORSE OF AMERICA
- NATO’s Eastward Expansion: Why Russia Resents Us?
- Trump Presidency: A Letter to My Son
- Photographic Journey through Ecuador
- …and There’s Death and Decay
- Farm Aid 30: “Good Food Movement” & Growing Solutions
- In the Name of “Bringing Democracy” to Middle East
- War — The Ultimate Proof of Human Insanity
- Les Camargues “Horsing Around” – a memory made timeless
- In the Name of “Protecting the Public”
- Russian billionaire returns $4.1m Nobel Prize to American geneticist
- Radiation at Fukushima
- American Heart: 9/11 Tenth Anniversary
- Première: Free Speech & Transcendent Journey of Chris Drew
- Book Review – The Boston Marathon Bombing Memorials