– When ‘something exciting’ happens and people connect with others, or that which is outside us. » The « others » can be human, animals, objects, or even unexplainable situations or feelings. This work conveys that very point in time where the connection and energy exchange radiates.
Nancy Bechtol, Chicago, IL
Nancy Bechtol has a history for over 30 years as an artist, filmmaker, inspired educator, currently teaching college classes photography in Chicago.
She is an APA freelance photojournalist, IMDb member, ARC Gallery Association Member and former president/director and long-time Chicagoan.
Her art and films have been in numerous venues from museums to social networking sites.
– Life is truly a journey, and everyone IS like an actor, interacting daily. Make it worthwhile, everything counts.
EDUCATIONMaster of Fine Arts, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Video Production/TimeArts/VFX 1984Master of Education, Loyola University. Interdisciplinary Arts /Curriculum & Instruction 1980Roosevelt University, BA. Fine Arts and Education 1972Chicagos Community Access Network TV. CAN TV. Certified Independent Producer 1986-CurrentAwards/honorsMidwest Regional Fellow/National Endowment for the Arts, 1984Illinois Arts Council Fellowship – Media Art, 1993 Neighborhood Arts Program Artist/Grant Video. Dept. of Cultural Affairs, City of Chicago.-at Lathrop Homes, Chicago Housing Authority (CHA).1987American Video Conference Award sponsored by American Film Institute/Billboard Magazine, 1990Tokyo International Video Festival, Special Merit Award in Experimental VideoArtWhos Who in the Midwest/ Whos Who Emerging Leaders. 1990-1991.Illumina Teachers Award. Artists Call for Justice Project 2001Americas Registry of Outstanding Professionals.
Exhibited nationally and internationally.Midwest Regional Fellow/National Endowment for the Arts; Recipient of the Illinois Arts Council Fellowship Award-Media Arts; Neighborhood Arts Program Artist City of Chicago. Dept of Cultural Affairs; American Video Conference Award sponsored by the American Film Institute/Billboard Magazine; Tokyo International Video Festival, Special Merit Award in Experimental Video Art; Chicago Access Network Television, Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) Independent Producer 1986-current.
–Video and Experimental Digital Photo/Imaging take on a quality of manifested journeys. These images portray times of a transformative experience. These transformative experiences are the key points found in all our lives where the direction shifts, not always by our own choice. Best thought of as times of change. Those times which try our very core of who we think we are–our bodies, our minds, our spirits.
- Illegal Haitian aliens continue to flood across the Texas border
- Afgan fiasco: the culpability of multiple US administrations
- Pfizer versus Moderna
- Who armed and paid the Taliban
- Afghan chaos: the lies and futility of partisan politics
- ‘America is back’? Sure. Back in the mire?
- My story of working with Governor Cuomo
- The Trump Administration 2017-2021 – An Obituary
- The future of GOP? It doesn’t have one.
- Presiding over a dark winter
- “America is Back”: Despair, depression, militarism, imperialism, and corporatism.
- Cyberspace Informational Chaos
- Biden administration will find it hard to integrate itself in a world changed by Trump
- US elections 2020: massive social divide
- Dr. Anthony Fauci: ‘a perfect set-up’ for spreading COVID-19
- Dogs Can Smell COVID-19
- Chinese Coronavirus has landed in the U.S.
- Health and Medicine
- Sign Petition: Travel Ban to Mexico
- Homelessness Crisis in America
- The Dominican Republic 2019
- Marijuana as a Medicine: Everything You Need to Know
- PHOTOJOURNALISM 101: HOW TO SHOOT LIKE A PRO
- Trump Presidency: A Letter to My Son
- Photographic Journey through Ecuador
- War: the ultimate proof of human insanity
- Les Camargues “Horsing Around” – a memory made timeless