First year membership $495.
Yearly renewals $95.
All major credit cards accepted.
For membership consideration, call 978-413-3933 and request a pre-interview consultation.
Benefits of Membership in American Press Association
- Press Pass CredentialsAs a credentialed APA journalist you have an opportunity to gain access to many events and venues not afforded to the general public. Press privileges are just that — not a right. Request to cover any event is at the discretion of the event holder.
- APA affiliation provides outlets for your journalistic expressionAPA regularly features members who have excelled in their journalistic or photographic work, bringing you business from your local community (be it wedding photography, videography, architectual, documentary, life style or studio photography, and other photographic art forms).
- National and Worldwide RecognitionOnce a member, you are part of an international press organization that puts you shoulder to shoulder with some of the most recognized photographers and journalists around the world.
- APA is a worldwide news organization represented internationally.
- Journalists requesting permission to cover any event can expect to be granted access if they are professional, courteous, and non-demanding.
- Membership with APA brings added respect and credibility.
- As an APA freelance journalist you gain access, close and personal, to local, national, and international events. Journalists representing APA are expected to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Professional photography equipment is essential to working in this industry.
- Any misuse of APA press credentials will result in the revocation of your press privileges. We expect all members to conduct themselves in the most professional and ethical way.
A recognized relationship with an established press agency is critical to authenticate and legitimize your credibility and access to events. As an APA member you will have instant access to cover venues such as conferences, expos, conventions, concerts, workshops and seminars, art and fashion shows, sporting events and music festivals. (Access to major sporting events is only available to long-term lease participants.)