American Press Association membership consideration is predicated upon a brief phone interview. (800) 382-4667 or (978) 413-3933
Journalists representing APA are expected to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
Professional photography equipment is essential to working in this industry.
Journalists requesting permission to cover any event can expect to be granted access if they are professional, courteous, and non-demanding.
Any misuse of APA press pass ID credentials will result in the revocation of your press privileges. We expect all members to conduct themselves in the most professional and ethical way.
Press privileges are just that — not a right. Request to cover any event is at the discretion of the event holder.
vCard Global is the ultimate marketing tool. Keep all your images, MP3 recordings, videos, links, social media – all in one place. At its core, vCard Global is a digital business card combined with a mobile website, brochure, resume, specials list, event calendar and more.
Smartphone gimbals are a key way of how journalists now work. Turn your smartphone into a smart motion camera. Shoot cinematic videos anytime, or use its intelligent functions to track your subject, capture stunning motion timelapses or even stream a moment live around the globe. Compare six different gimbals and pick the one you like.
Watch this BBC “Smartphone Journalism” video and learn some of the simple techniques you can use to get the very best quality material out of whichever device you are using. Explore. Practice and get comfortable with many of these techniques, and you’ll soon will be unleashing the power of the mobile newsroom in your pocket.
American Press Association press credentials are recognized throughout the world.
An accreditation with an established press agency is critical to authenticate and legitimize your credibility and access to national and international events. The American Press Association is the oldest news press agency in the U.S. established in Chicago in 1882.
As an APA member, you will have an instant access to cover venues, such as conferences, conventions, primaries and political rallies, international trade shows and expos, art and fashion shows, backstage access to music festivals and sporting events. (Access to major sporting events is only available to long-term lease participants.)
First year membership $329
Yearly renewal $95
All major credit cards, PayPal and Apple Pay are accepted.
WARNING! Press Pass Credentials from illegitimate websites hawking cheap Press ID cards are not considered as legitimate in the journalistic world by rating press agencies. Your access to events will often be denied if perceived that you’re presenting non-credible credentials.
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT PRESS IDs not supported by a major news press agency organization. The legitimacy of these website-press-pass-mills is questionable and often fraudulent.
- Afgan fiasco: the culpability of multiple US administrations
- Pfizer versus Moderna
- Who armed and paid the Taliban
- Afghan chaos: the lies and futility of partisan politics
- ‘America is back’? Sure. Back in the mire?
- My story of working with Governor Cuomo
- The Trump Administration 2017-2021 – An Obituary
- The future of GOP? It doesn’t have one.
- Presiding over a dark winter
- “America is Back”: Despair, depression, militarism, imperialism, and corporatism.
- Cyberspace Informational Chaos
- Biden administration will find it hard to integrate itself in a world changed by Trump
- US elections 2020: massive social divide
- Dr. Anthony Fauci: ‘a perfect set-up’ for spreading COVID-19
- Dogs Can Smell COVID-19
- Chinese Coronavirus has landed in the U.S.
- Health and Medicine
- Sign Petition: Travel Ban to Mexico
- Homelessness Crisis in America
- The Dominican Republic 2019
- Marijuana as a Medicine: Everything You Need to Know
- PHOTOJOURNALISM 101: HOW TO SHOOT LIKE A PRO
- Trump Presidency: A Letter to My Son
- Photographic Journey through Ecuador
- War: the ultimate proof of human insanity
- Les Camargues “Horsing Around” – a memory made timeless