The 2018 Forbes Under 30 Summit Boston
What happens when more than 7,000 of the world’s top innovators and entrepreneurs under 30 gather together in the most revolutionary city in the country? They seize the moment to create, collaborate, and conceive new ideas that can change the world.
The 2018 Forbes Under 30 Summit Boston, presented by JPMorgan Chase & Co., will bring together young entrepreneurs, visionaries and disruptors on September 30, 2018 – October 3, 2018. Now in its fifth year, the Under 30 Summit is a can’t-miss event, creating immersive experiences for the world’s top community of young leaders, entrepreneurs and visionaries. The event will feature more than 200 world-class speakers – including investors, celebrities, musicians, sports stars, cultural icons, world-renowned chefs and political and business leaders, all of whom represent the entrepreneurial spirit of the Forbes Under 30 franchise. The Forbes Under 30 Summit serves as the definitive place to learn, network, collaborate, recruit and exchange ideas of the future. With more than 7,000 attendees, 24 focused industry content tracks at iconic locations, a massive Under 30 Village, a music festival, a food festival and a bar crawl, the 2018 Under 30, taking place in Boston is the can’t-miss event for game-changers and entrepreneurs.
Content Tracks Include:
Ecommerce | Media | Gaming | Marketing
Cloud + Saas | A.I. + Machine Learning | Cyber Security | Manufacturing + Robots FinTech | Crypto | Venture Capital | Wall Street + Finance
Food + AgTech | Entertainment + Music | Art + Style | Sports
Social Entrepreneurs + Green Tech | Education | Law + Policy | Impact Investing Health Care | Science + Space | Cannabis Capitalism
Forbes today announced new speakers for its fifth annual Under 30 Summit, which will take place at various venues in downtown Boston on Sept. 30 through Oct. 3, 2018. The Forbes Under 30 Summit, presented by JPMorgan Chase & Co., is expected to bring together more than 7,000 of the world’s top young entrepreneurs, game changers, and visionaries from around the world.
There will be 24 programming tracks, which will include Fintech, Cryptocurrency, Venture Capital, Cloud & SaaS, AI & Machine Learning, Cybersecurity, Media, Entertainment & Music, Sports, Art & Style, Education, Law & Policy, Healthcare, Marketing, Cannabis Capitalism, and more. Forbes will also transform Boston’s City Hall Plaza into a central village where all attendees will be able to network, view demonstrations and performances and unwind at a pop-up beer garden.
The event will feature more than 200 world-class speakers – including investors, celebrities, musicians, sports stars, cultural icons, world-renowned chefs and political and business leaders, all of whom represent the entrepreneurial spirit of the Forbes Under 30 franchise. The Forbes Under 30 Summit serves as the definitive place to learn, network, collaborate, recruit and exchange ideas of the future.
New speakers include:
- Adam Rippon, Olympic Athlete
- Sara Blakely, Founder & CEO of Spanx
- Hozier, Singer-Songwriter
- Jennifer Hyman, Co-Founder & CEO of Rent the Runway
- Mike Posner, Singer-Songwriter
- Seth Bannon, Founding Partner of Fifty Years
- Carter Cleveland, Founder & CEO of Artsy
- Parisa Tabriz, Director of Engineering at Google
- Clint Smith, Writer at Harvard University
- Neil Parikh, Co-Founder & COO of Casper
- Elomida Visviki, Co-Founder & CEO of Weav
- Austin Russell, Founder &CEO of Luminar
- Eoghan McCabe, Co-Founder & CEO of Intercom
- Jim Kim, Founder & General Partner of Builders VC
- Kirsten Green, Founder & Managing Partner of Forerunner Ventures
- Michael Tubbs, Mayor of Stockton, CA
- Austin McChord, CEO of Datto
These speakers will join other summit participants and speakers, including:
- John Kerry, Former U.S. Secretary of State and U.S. Senator
- Steve Case, Chairman of The Case Foundation and Cofounder of AOL
- Anthony Scaramucci, Founder of SkyBridge and Former White House Communications Director
- Chris Wylie, Ex-Cambridge Analytica Research Director
- Oisin Hanrahan, Cofounder & CEO of Handy
- Nat Turner, Cofounder & CEO, Flatiron Health
- Josh Kopelman, Partner, First Round Capital
- Cooper Hefner, Chief Creative Officer, Playboy Enterprises
- Gary Vaynerchuk, Chairman, VaynerX, CEO of VaynerMedia
- Lynn Perkins, Cofounder & CEO, UrbanSitter
- Jeremy Allaire, CEO & Cofounder, Circle Internet Financial
- Neha Narula, Director of Digital Currency Initiative, MIT Lab
- Natalya Bailey, Founder, Accion Systems
- Bonin Bough, Host, Cleveland Hustles
- John Urschel, Former Baltimore Ravens offensive lineman turned MIT mathematicianThe Women@Forbes Under 30: Closing the Investment Gap event, presented by JP Morgan Chase & Co. is an exclusive event that will give Under 30 list makers the opportunity to learn and engage with women who are paving the way for younger generations. This event will convene 500 top millennial women leaders, equally committed to tackling issues of diversity in the startup and VC community—for a day focused on tough discussions, real solutions and actionable advice. The event is in line with Forbes mission to help every woman take a next step forward.New Women@Forbes speakers include:
- Whitney Wolfe Herd, Founder & CEO of Bumble
- Catt Sadler, Emmy Winning Journalist
- Anarghya Vardhana, Principal of Maveron
- Brendan Wallace, Co-Founder of Fifth Wall
- Sara Menker, Founder & CEO of Gro Intelligence, Inc.
- Emery Whalen, Owner & CEO of QED Hospitality
- Chip Hazard, General Partner of Flybridge and Investing Partner at Xfactor Ventures
- Wade Davis, Former NFL Player & Inclusion Consultant
- Evan Cohen, Head of Blockchain and Investing @ Indiegogo
- Samantha Saperstein, Head of Women on the Move, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Jalak Jobanputra, Founder and Managing Partner of Future Perfect Ventures
These speakers will join other Women@Forbes participants and speakers, including:
- Yvonne Orji, comedian, speaker, actress on Insecure
- Cindy Gallop, Founder, MakeLoveNotPorn and IfWeRanTheWorld
- Jean Brownhill, Founder and CEO, Sweeten
- Karissa Bodnar, Founder & CEO, Thrive Causemetics
- Amanda Nguyen, CEO & Founder, Rise
- Lorine Pendleton, Angel Investor
The entrepreneurs and innovators on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 lists are shaping their respective fields, but some of these founders have earned significantly more funding than their peers. The 30 Under 30 Big Money 2018 honorees highlight startups that have $15 million or more in funding — impressive amounts for entrepreneurs to manage before they reach the age of 30.
These entrepreneurs are leveraging their funding to innovate their respective industries, which range from consumer tech and enterprise tech to education and science. In addition to their impressive funding, these honorees’ business acumen and innovative thinking make their startups some of the most promising in the business world.
Here, a sampling of the most promising entrepreneurs whose startups are backed by at least $15 million in funding:
Luke Schoenfelder, 28, and Brian Jones, 28, cofounders of Latch (Consumer Tech): $26M
Austin Russell, 22, Founder of Luminar (Manufacturing & Industry): $36M
Ryan Williams, 29, Cofounder of Cadre (Finance): $133M
Cody Daniel, 28, Director of Research at 3Scan (Science): $21M
Beatrice Fischel-Bock, 26, Cofounder of Hutch (Reatil & Ecommerce): $17.2M
Akash Shah, 29, Cofounder of Care/of (Reatil & Ecommerce): $15M
Tracy Lawrence, 28, Cofounder of Chewse (Food & Drink): $15M
The Summit begins on September 30th at Boston’s City Hall Plaza with sector-specific networking and opening music festival and continues through October 3rd with days of learning, exploration and service activities.
What would you do with the chance to attend the Under 30 Summit? Fill out this form with your answer by Friday 11:59pm ET for your chance to attend the Forbes Under 30 Summit as a Forbes Fellow.
Bart Chilton is up in Boston speaking to attendees at the Forbes Under 30 Summit. Tune in today as we speak to special guests Steven Valencsin and Andre Watson as Bart discusses everything from agriculture to gene editing.